As a public service interpreter you interpret between individuals and representatives for Swedish government agencies. Typical locations for this kind of interpretation include the Swedish Migration Board, social welfare offices, employment agencies, refugee reception centres, schools, police stations, health care institutions and judicial institutions.

You must have mastered both Swedish and your interpretation language to such an extent that you can easily interpret into both languages.

Public service interpreting courses are offered at several adult education colleges and associations around the country.

Moreover, Stockholm University offers higher education programmes for interpreters in certain languages.

All teaching is conducted in Swedish. For more information, please contact the student counsellor at the Institute for Interpreting and Translation Studies.
Student counsellor